This year, The Source and the Office of Student Involvement are working harder than ever to provide student organization leaders access to trainings and workshops. Please review the information below to learn about trainings currently available to student organizations.
Source Board Support
The Source Board of Governors are great resources for topic-specific knowledge around graphic design, communications and marketing, inclusion and outreach, finance, and creating a new organization. Contact the Source Board
via email to set up a meeting, brainstorming session, or consultation for your student organization!
Live Trainings (via Zoom)
Sign up to attend
the live, virtual workshops listed below. Any student who signs up will receive an email with the Zoom information on the day of training. Can’t attend? Sign up for our Blackboard course
to view recordings of each training after the training date.
Promotion & Branding
- Friday, March 26 @ 10 am – Zoom
- hosted by Source Board Director of Creative Consults
- guest speaker from UA Strategic Communications
- Sign up
Fundraising Workshop (Clark)
- Wednesday, April 7 @ 2 pm – Zoom
- hosted by the Source Board Director of Finance
- Sign up
On-Demand Trainings (via Blackboard)
The trainings listed below are currently available to students enrolled in our “Source Student Organization Trainings” course in Blackboard. To be enrolled in the Blackboard course, sign up here
- Event Smart is about registering and hosting student organization events including a summary of COVID-19 policies for the 2020-21 year.
- For more information, visit the Event Registration portion of the Source website.
- Completion of Event Smart training is required to register events on behalf of a student org.
New Organization Workshop (NOW)
- NOW is required for officers of new organizations whose new organization application has been approved by Student Involvement.
- The Finance workshop covers commonly asked questions and best practices for managing an organization’s budgets, bank account, fundraisers, etc.
Recordings of Live Zoom Trainings
- Bama Pulse Training with the Center for Service and Leadership
- Promotion and Branding Workshop
- Attendance Tracking at In-Person Events
- Roster Management & Greek Scorecard
- Fundraising Workshop
Source Officers Academy
Source Officers Academy (SOA) is an online training that provides student organizations with the tools necessary to effectively navigate campus and to accomplish their respective missions. SOA includes information about campus resources, policy updates, organization management, and leadership development.
All mandatory officers (president, vice president, and treasurers) are required to complete SOA annually. Officers are automatically enrolled in the SOA course on Blackboard after their organization successfully completes an organization renewal and receive detailed instructions via email.
Questions or Suggestions?
If you have questions about student organization trainings or suggestions for training topics, contact the Office of Student Involvement by emailing email@example.com.