This year, The Source and the Office of Student Involvement are working harder than ever to provide student organization leaders access to trainings and workshops. Please review the information below to learn about trainings currently available to student organizations.
Source Board Support
The Source Board of Governors are great resources for topic-specific knowledge around graphic design, communications and marketing, inclusion and outreach, finance, and creating a new organization. Contact the Source Board
via email to set up a meeting, brainstorming session, or consultation for your student organization!
Live Trainings (via Zoom)
Sign up to attend
the live, virtual workshops listed below. Any student who signs up will receive an email with the Zoom information on the day of training. Can’t attend? Sign up for our Blackboard course
to view recordings of each training after the training date.
- Organization Management and Operations Training (sign up via mySource)
- Wednesday, September 22 @ 3:00 – 4:00 PM via Zoom
- Cohosted by Student Involvement and Student Government Association
- Learn about (re)writing your constitution, meeting management, Robert’s Rules of Order, committee structures, and how to successfully run your organization
- Fundraising Workshop (sign up via mySource)
- Wednesday, October 13 @ 12:00 – 1:00 PM via Zoom
- Hosted by the Source Board Director of Finance
- Learn about best practices for managing your organization’s finances and raising money
- Promotion and Branding Workshop (sign up via mySource)
- Wednesday, November 10 @ 11:00 AM – 12:00 PM via Zoom
- Hosted by the Source Board Director of Communications and Source Board Director of Creative Consults
- Learn about creating a consistent brand for your organization, marketing your organization and events, and more!
On-Demand Trainings (via Blackboard)
The trainings listed below are currently available to students enrolled in our “Source Student Organization Trainings” course in Blackboard. To be enrolled in the Blackboard course, sign up here
- Event Smart covers the registration and hosting of on-campus student organization events.
- For more information, visit the Event Registration portion of the Source website.
- Completion of Event Smart training is required to register events on behalf of a student org.
New Organization Workshop (NOW)
- NOW is required for officers of new organizations whose new organization application has been approved by Student Involvement.
- The Finance workshop covers commonly asked questions and best practices for managing an organization’s budgets, bank account, fundraisers, etc.
Recordings of Live Zoom Trainings
- Bama Pulse Training with the Center for Service and Leadership
- Promotion and Branding Workshop (Fall 2020)
- Attendance Tracking at In-Person Events
- Roster Management & Greek Scorecard
- Fundraising Workshop (Fall 2020)
Source Officers Academy
Source Officers Academy (SOA) is an online training that provides student organizations with the tools necessary to effectively navigate campus and to accomplish their respective missions. SOA includes information about campus resources, policy updates, organization management, and leadership development.
All mandatory officers (president, vice president, and treasurers) are required to complete SOA annually. Officers are automatically enrolled in the SOA course on Blackboard after their organization successfully completes an organization renewal and receive detailed instructions via email.
Questions or Suggestions?
If you have questions about student organization trainings or suggestions for training topics, contact the Office of Student Involvement by emailing email@example.com.