Academic departments, administrative departments and registered student organizations may request the use of space in academic facilities.
- All event requests must be submitted through the Scheduling website (Select Request an Event from the landing page and then select the Lloyd, Russell, and Farrah event request form).
- The Office of the University Registrar Academic Scheduling Department will only approve events during normal University of Alabama business hours.
- All weekday room requests must be submitted at least 48 business hours before the event is scheduled.
- All weekend room requests must be submitted by the end of day on the Wednesday before the weekend event will occur.
- It is the responsibility of the event requestor to arrange with the building representative access to the rooms scheduled, if the event happens to fall outside of normal University of Alabama hours of operation. Here is a list of building representatives.
Registered Student Organizations will be allowed to use academic space on a limited basis under the following conditions:
- No suitable space is available in The University of Alabama Student Center
- The understanding that no food or drink is allowed to be served or consumed in the Academic Space requested.
- The intended use is in keeping with the educational purposes of the University.
- The intended use does not conflict with the use by academic programs or academic organizations or uses of a registered student organization as described in section above.
- When submitting the event request, the student organization’s faculty/staff advisor’s name and contact email must be included in the request. Failure to include all of the requested information will result in event cancelation or delayed approval for the event.
Note: All Greek organizations study halls should submit requests to the Office of Fraternity and Sorority Life. Other requests for events, etc. should go through this form and register through the Event Approval process administered by The SOURCE/Office of Student Involvement.
To submit an Event Request Form
- Go to schedule.ua.edu (please be aware that this website will only work when connected to campus servers)
- Click on the “Events” tab
- Click on the “Event Request” link
- Select “Lloyd, Russell, Farah…” from the drop down menu
- Fill out the form with all of the necessary information.
- Student organizations will need to provide the name of their faculty/staff advisor’s name and email address
- Under “Meeting Recurrence” please select the date and time for your event(s) and then click the “Create” button in the right hand corner of the form.
- When requesting a room, select the box next to the meeting name and click “Request Rooms”.
- Here you can view the rooms that are available or unavailable (highlighted in red) to request.
- Select the room then click “OK” in the bottom right of the pop out screen.
- Click the “Submit” button in the upper left hand corner